Sunday, June 26, 2011

summer in a different form


This weekend, I was surrounded with girls adorning braids. Some had just a few braids with their hair let down whereas others formed a braid bun. I loved it. Braids are such a cute summer hairstyle. They look simple & sweet, but add a touch of class to any outfit and a sense of enigma to any personality. I love the fact that there's so many unique ways to play with braids. However, I am ashamed to say, I suck at doing my hair; I blame it on my genes and my naturally wavy, frizzy hair. So, bloggers out there do you have any advice on how to braid? Do you guys know any good Youtube video tutorials?

4 comments:

  1. I adore all those braids!
    wish my hair was long enough to do stuff like that :(
    following youu :)

    ellie oxoxoxoxox
    http://obsessedwithfashionx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack. I just taught myself how to do the braids on the top right. They are called "waterfall braids". If you google them, videos come up. I'm obsessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the comment! Well, actually, I got that jacket a year ago, but I'm sure you can find one anywhere. I've seen a lot in thrift stores recently as well. good luck!

    I'm really inspired by braids lately as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree. They look so pretty.
    I can only do the french braids on other people, not on myself. which sucks.
    and in reply to your comment - yes I will be starting university in autumn (fall), but that's only if I get the grades I need. I find out in August!! eek.

    ReplyDelete