Sunday, February 27, 2011

I WANT TO WATCH "THE NOTEBOOK" SO FRICKIN BAD

(two) hair (braids, buns, pigtails) parted on the left)
         brown (red) , button down (patterned), (dress) collared shirt <3)
         (revealing not too much, but just enough)
ice (A flirtatious) cream mustache (joke, perhaps?*
A (a) laugh (k), white (IS) pearls (s)
True (forever) love




Have I told you guys yet...but I have this utmost affinity with E.E. Cummings. In English, we're reading (and analyzing) his poems...I am obsessed with them. I think...being the more science/rationale/mathy person, EE Cummings evokes a sense of puzzle and enigma...which I happen to love to decipher.
So, I tried writing a poem, emulating his style. It was really fun! (No wonder he loved writing poetry!).

Oh...on the other hand...I WANT TO WATCH "THE NOTEBOOK" SO, SO, SO, SO, SO BADLY! (no number of exclamation marks or increased font or bright color could convey by desire). It came out when I wasn't allowed to watch it...and now (being 17)...I need to see a cute chick flick...and ughhhh. I'm dying to see!

So...this poem is based on a scene from "The Notebook", which I happened to watch, scrolling through my friend's tumblr. Try guessing what it's from...and if you can't...tell me, and I'll send you a link to what I mean. :)


So...
it's Sunday. Tomorrow's school. I have to work (actually start) my physics egg project and do my Calc homework...let the work begin!


-AA

p.s. Just had some Chipotle...mmmm...

4 comments:

  1. great post

    love your blog too, new follower :)

    please check mine out if you get a chance

    http://pretty--wonderful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey AA!

    Here's a post that can help you with the color boards: http://brightwishes.blogspot.com/p/color-boards.html

    you can go anywhere on the web and just find colors you love and put them together in a collage. I use picnik.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. E.E. Cummings is a poet genius<3
    I've never seen The Notebook, lol I should go see it!

    mmmmmm love me some chipotle!

    I'm following you! follow me too!

    xoxo, Bree

    http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not one for poetry. I actually skipped those days in college. Chipotle is amazing, I'm definitely down for that, lol.

    ReplyDelete