Monday, January 17, 2011

Miss. America...

I was reading the article on the "Youngest Miss. America" ever. I'm reading, and I guess I'm just soaking the information in. Hm. She's 17. That's almost an adult. That's pretty old.
Ten hours later, I realize crap, I'm 17 as well. Hm. Miss. America ain't so old anymore. 
The point, lies in the fact, that I'm growing up, but I'm refusing to...and it's pretty scary. I cannot believe that soon I'll be off the college; I'll be married; I'll be working. The future is such an enigma - and a scary one - that all I really want to do is curl in a ball and time travel back - back a couple years to when life wasn't marked by the words you said or the grades you got; it was viewed by the highest jumps on the bed or the loudest scream. I want to go back to those days.
People are doing so much with their lives...while here I am, living like hey, I have a bajillion more years left. I've never been the one to slack off, but when it comes to age...I guess I have. I want to live in the past; even the present is formidable.
So...what to do? 
I don't know. 
And the fact that I don't know is just another sign that Mom, Dad, I am not ready to grow up.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same, but growing up isn't something that we can control. It will happen whether we like it or not. That's why we should make most of the present because soon that will be the past too? If that makes sense =/
    Look at it this way, as you get older, you will have more control of your life. No one will be telling you what to do or how to live your life. You will be in charge. It may seem scary but it's also very exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete